In this post, we continue some blunt musings about Covid-aware hygiene standards, especially national and industry-specific standards. Come along with us for an untamed ride of nuance and perspective through the wilderness of covidian concern.
AMC standards. The most comprehensive set of hygiene standards in the theater industry are those of the AMC theater chain. Here is a list of their official covid-era hygiene steps, which is impressive to say the least:
- social distancing
- masks required
- reduced auditorium capacities
- cashless transactions
- hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes
- simplified menus Refills and condiments by request only
- daily associate health screenings
- frequent hand washing encouraged
- self-check reminders (don’t come if sick)
- enhanced cleaning procedures, advised by Clorox
- electrostatic disinfectant sprayers
- upgraded NMERV 13 Air filters
- HEPA filter vacuums
Apparently, AMC is serious about getting their customers back. I have been seem numerous movies, in theater, since the pandemic started, and these improvements are clearly visible to the customer.