May 18, 2015

Whoosh (3)

Continuing from my last two posts, I've been following Whoosh3D for many months, cautiously listening, watching, and learning about their offering, trying to make sense of its potential. Now, with an actual product in my hands, I have been giving Whoosh3D a complete work over. Today, I am going to weigh in on the effectiveness of this tool: does it perform as stated?

Testing Conclusions
In short, this solution is a three-pronged offer: an autostereoscopic 3D app; a 3D-enabled screen protector/anti-glare overlay for smartphones, tablets, and iPads; and a screen installer. (The screen protector can serve as a permanent attachment to a mobile device.)


Yes, the functionality and features are good. The autostereoscopic 3D is good. The 3D display looks good. I especially like the negative parallax.  The app is easy to use and surprisingly adjustable for each user. And it works on my own device. Plus it protects my screen. And reduces glare.

Yes, the functionality and features are good. The autostereoscopic 3D is good. The 3D display looks good. I am especially delighted by the negative parallax.  The app is easy to use and surprisingly adjustable for the needs of the individual user. And it works on my own device. Plus it protects my screen. And reduces glare. It's like the 3D is free, costs nothing. 

In next week’s post, I will explore the potential of Whoosh3D for the K-20 classroom. Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment